Sunday 28 June 2009

WARNING..... turn down your speakers!!!!!!!

What a fantastic weekend. firstly I must appologise to Amy and I promise there will be more of her Week away with Mary Ray shortly.

Saturday we had a really fun day at the flyball, although it was overcast it was extremly hot, and for the first time ever I saw a tired Ronny, not only did they manage a respectable 3rd place in the 4th Division but Ronny also won the ABC singles, Maisy and Ronny came 2nd in the pairs with Smartie & Dylan coming 3rd, so it was a great day out. below is a clip of Ronny & Maisy in their Pairs

But Yesterday was the best day so far, Jo & I had decided to go to Emdac Agility in Melton Mowbray for a change with no pressure as it isn't a KC show. Jo had an amazing day with her dogs Keisha taking 2 x 1st places and a 2nd and 4th, Ronny taking 1st in the jumping and little Kody taking a 4th too, her van looked like a rosette factory when she left!! also it looks like Ronny may have gone to the top of the Clever dogs ABC leaderboard so he might be at the final later in the year. Maisy and I had a great day too, firstly she had a brilliant run in the power and speed, we had great control over all the contacts followed by a really fast jumping round but just dropping a pole, then we had another jumping round where I mucked up the end! and then we had our first clear in the agility, it was a lovely round, with no weaves, we finished 9th and have a lovely pink rosette to show for it, we also had a clear in the next jumping class, but it was a bit of a mess so we were outside the placings. here is a clip of Maisy's agility.

in the lunch break we decided to have a go at Cleverdogs, and this is our first attempt, we got quite a good time even though we had to have 2 attempts at the weaves, I think we might also be in the final!!! I was a bit sneaky though as I managed to persuade Jo to put Ronny in ABC at least he won't be against Maisy LOL method in my madness. here is a clip so you get an idea of what's involved.

I am going to keep going to the EMDAC shows whenever possible, they are really good for building confidence, in the lower classes there are no weaves and I found that even theough for Misy she still got the thrill of queueing and her excitement levels were as much as at a normal show, I was able to be much more relaxed and it showed through in her rounds. I am a very proud mummy today.







3 comments:

cara said...

wow your dog works on!!! nice control of the turns as well!! im impressed :P xxx

Sadler Dogs said...

Thanks Cara, I've never had a problem with her working on.. just control but I think we are getting better all the time.

Sadler Dogs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.