Wednesday 21 April 2010

Rupert Training Part 2


I've learnt a lesson this week! I've been having to adjust my treats to get the best work but have learnt that a treat can be so good that is actually has the opposite effect, I was being lazy as this morning I wanted to train in the house as opposed to the run, all my treats etc are in the shed so I looked in the fridge for inspiration and found some Pate - Rupert was so into the treat he couldn't focus on anything else! I'm not suprised really, poor child. His day to day training is shaping up really nicely and he is getting more and more eager to please as the time goes on, at shows he walks around with little distraction and is happy to play tuggy through the crowds, and will practice nose touch happily, in fact he is a very happy chap alround. I'm still working on the off side heelwork and want to start him trotting through wings in the next few weeks so hopefully now spring has finally sprung we might have a chance to get down to the paddock which has a whole different set of distractions to cope with.

No comments: