Monday 12 April 2010

Shuttleworth Update

It was a good show and all the dogs really enjoy their weekend breaks, as soon as I hitch the caravan up they are all waiting by the door so we don't forget any of them! Saturday was a good start although no clear rounds neither were there any eliminations, Maisy held most of her contacts and even managed a couple of start line stays! with only poles in her jumping classes and some amazing weave entrances I went to bed really pleased with both of us. Summer was steady on Saturday and Amy just took her eye of the ball on the dogwalk contact (tut tut) and again a couple of poles here and there. Sunday was a different matter, Maisy started of a bit wild although still in control but was flying off all her contacts, I put her back on the see saw 3 times in one class and she still released herself so we will be concentrating on that this week in training. she did manage an amazing jumping round taking 2 poles, the first because I gave her the weave command and the second I think because I moved too far to the left but I'm not sure there is a video which I'll post later so if anyone can tell me I'd appreciate it. Summer was much better on Sunday and her speed came back, Amy used a different method on her dog walk which worked a treat and got a brilliant clear round in her jumping, not fast enough for the placings but a nice red clear round rosette to add to her collection.
Jo had a good result with Ronny this week winning grade 5 jumping, he and Maisy are in the pairs on Saturday so fingers crossed! Ellen had a dissapointing weekend quite a few naughty poles but she did get a lovely agility round to finish on, I looked at the jumping results before we left the show and saw they had got 5 faults in a very quick time which would have put them right in contention, I think the winning time was 20.2 secs and Hamish had 5 in about the same ( I can't remember the decimal place!) but then I saw Maisy got 10 faults in a time of 18.25 - blimey!
Rupert had a brilliant time meeting all his fans, I'm sure he thinks everyone has turned up just to see him! he's totally unfased by anything, he met some very large dogs and as we were at the home of the shuttleworth collection of planes he also saw some very low flying planes which he didn't even take a second glance at. He has some BEST friends who he gets very excited these include Clare's young GSD Hardy, Kathryn's BC pup Stig and his very bestest friend is Ronny the Mali, he just squeaks with delight whenever he sees him. Whilst we were away Steve and Lee put the fencing up around the run, we still have to make the gates but it's looking really good, the girls & Rupert have been sleeping in the kennels since Sunday without a peep all night.
Rupert's Obedience training is really starting to take shape, he has really suprised me with how keen he is, at first I thought he was going to take some persuading but he can't wait for his training sessions, all I'm doing is a few minutes twice a day, just recapping on what we have already gone over and then adding something new, I'll try to capture a few bits on video over the next few days if i get time.

No comments: