Wednesday 28 April 2010

weekly training


This week I have started taking Maisy to Chipping Norton agility club for some more practice in a more exciting enviroment, it was only a small class and I thought Maisy worked quite well, the instructor Sarah made the lesson clear and fun and she noticed that when I train Maisy on a contact I give her a release comand but when I run a course I don't!! she was right so I'm giving Maisy mixed messages, the last run of the evening I made sure I got the release "OK" in and she ran much better so this is something to practice before next weeks lesson.

Rupert has started his agility training! - I can actually hear the gasps of "He's too young" but all I have been doing is the same controll exercise I do with his toy through wings with poles on the floor just to get him used to the wings, he was also playing at wing wraps left and right again chasing his toy and only 2 times each way - I have found with Rupert (and I think its a boy thing) if I keep all his training in the format of a game he just picks things up really quickly, I know he is a Darian and from experience they are very quick intelligent dogs, but I didn't think he would have the same stamina for knowledge that Summer had, I was wrong, he is exactly the same just in a slightly different way. I am really enjoying the time he and I spend together it's a real learning experience for both of us.



No comments: