Monday 26 April 2010

WBSDS


Amy & I took a leisurely drive to Newbury on Friday afternoon, the weather was glorious and we took our time to set everything up before enjoying a nice quiet cup of tea sitting in the sunshine with all the dogs. Saturday we woke up to another hard frost but the big awning was warm enough for the dogs especially as they all had their snuggly coats on, then the Sun came out and with a nice breeze it turned out to be a good agility day, all the dogs had some nice runs, Maisy is still only knocking the odd pole or just faulting on the weaves if she hits them too fast so we haven't gone backwards, and Summer managed 2 clears and Dylan 1 - Maisy also had a clear but due to me having a senior moment halfway round the course resulting in me standing still for about 5 seconds! was just outside the placings!!! Sunday we had Rain! but again the dogs seemed to be working consitently, Maisy was mental in her agility, but I think I go in with the attitude because it's agility it's going to go wrong!! although I did hear myself shouting at her on the contacts on Saturday and decided I wasn't going to do that again so it's more training for me thats required! but her jumping rounds were fantastic again only the odd pole or weave (not both) and a couple of handling errors so I was pleased with our progress. Summer was a little star and again managed 2 clears but this time resulting in her getting her very first places coming home with 2 x 13th places, considering only 12 months ago Amy didn't really even want to do agility the transformation in them both is brilliant and can only get better & better. Amy also managed a 12th place with Dylan so we managed to come home with 7 rosettes.

Rupert was again a little star, and his fans turned out in their hundreds again... I managed some obedience training by the rings, and he was thrilled to see his buddy Stig for a roll in the dust and at lunchtime spent 20 minutes in Jo's garden being mobbed by Mali's or was it the Mali's were being mobbed by Rupert!?! still he got home looking a bit beshevelled!

No comments: