Friday 19 December 2008

Christmas Training


After having such a great lesson with Yvonne last weekend I decided to buy Lee Gibsons new training DVD, both Amy and I have been to him for a few lessons in the past, unfortuantely he is just too far away to commit to regular lessons so the DVD was the next best option, I had a quick look at it last night and have set myself the task of training waits, and weave entries over the Christmas period, he has also give me some great ideas for training Maisy to go on and make her own decisions ahead of me, which is one of the downside to all that obedience training - don't get me wrong I'd much rather have an obedient dog who wants nothing more than to be stuck to my side than one who can't remember who I am!!

Amy & Summer will be concentrating on improving their heelwork stamina, stays with distractions and more retrieve training, they have a try out for the Midlands team on January 3rd, we are not too hopeful but again it will be great experience for them to mingle and have a go, we are already looking at which competitions to go to in 2009, i'm not entirely sure how we will fit it all in!! however I have now decided Maisy will not be going to any more Obedience competitions we will concentrate on Agility and Flyball this year which is what we both enjoy, and I love to watch Amy compete in Obedience so it'll be back to being a chauffer this year, that is if she lets me go with her!!

No comments: